The Basic Motorcycle RiderCourse is the best place for new riders to start once you’ve made the decision to ride.
What You'll Get
Basic Two Wheel Rider Course - If you have never ridden a motorcycle before, this hands-on course is the best way to learn the basics of operating a motorcycle and making smart judgements when riding.
- 15-hours of instruction (5 hours classroom/10 hours riding) spread over 2 days (Sat/Sun)
- Range exercises include low-speed maneuvers and basic skills such as shifting, accelerating, braking, cornering, U-turn, lane change
- You’ll be with the same group for the duration of your training
- You’ll receive individual RiderCoach feedback while learning to ride
- Motorcycle, helmet and gloves are provided.
- Virginia will waive both the written and riding tests for your M2 endorsement.
- Graduates may qualify for insurance premium discounts with some motorcycle insurers.
- Completion of the Basic RiderCourse satisfies the requirements of the Department of Defense regulations regarding motorcycle training for active duty military members and civilians operating a motorcycle on and off military installations.
The Basic RiderCourse is conducted at a pace that results in successful completion for most novice riders. Our RiderCoaches will help you learn to the best of your ability.
To successfully complete the course, you must:
- Attend and participate in all sessions.
- Achieve a minimum score on a knowledge test covering course materials.
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation.
Successfully completing the Basic RiderCourse is not a guarantee that you will be safe on the road. Only you can choose the level of safety you wish to maintain. The course will provide you with the opportunities and experiences to acquire the basic knowledge and skill that enable you to continue to practice and develop your safe riding habits. Safe riding is also a matter of attitude, and only you can provide that.
You must provide your own shatter-resistant eye protection, sturdy over the ankle footwear (non-canvas), long sleeved shirt or jacket, long non-flare denim pants or equivalent protective material and full fingered (preferably leather) gloves.
Classes are held at our Manassas Range on Saturday and Sunday. Classes start at 8am each day and end around 3pm. You must attend both days to successfully complete the course and obtain your license waiver.
The Virginia license waiver is accepted in most states except for Maryland. Maryland residents must take a course in Maryland.
You will be charged at $75 fee if you need to reschedule.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About PowerRide University
PowerRide University is Northern Virginia's top choice for motorcycle education. Whether you have never touched a motorcycle, or you have been riding for years with or without your endorsement, this is the school for you!
We are a locally owned and operated school in Prince William County Virginia. All of our Rider Coaches are experienced and certified in teaching the public how to ride a motorcycle safely and still have fun. We offer introductory classes, basic and advanced classes for ages 16 and up. We are approved by the Virginia Department of Rider Education and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
• Personal Liaison from the moment you sign up to answer any of your questions.
• Great Schedule. Our course format is only 2 days for both two and three wheel courses while other schools run a 3 day format! This provides a better use of time on the bikes and in the classroom. We are able to split up the classroom and allow you to practice what you learn on the range immediately.
• Top Quality Instructors. While all of instructors are nationally certified we carefully choose our instructors. We want instructors that care about the students safety and learning experience.
• Best Equipment. Our course provides a fleet of 2019 dealership serviced 250cc and 350cc motorcycles for each class. Training on current equipment makes it much easier to transition to your own bike upon completion of the course.
• Best Gear. Our course provides each student with a quality, clean, DOT approved Helmet, high visibility gloves and safety glasses.
•Great Experience. It’s the difference between public and private training. Our program was designed for students who wanted more out of the learn-to-ride experience.
• Instant Certification. The riding and written evaluations are taken during the course, so a graduate from PowerRide University receives a completion card to take directly to the Virginia DMV for endorsement.
• Savings. Additionally you will receive 15% off riding gear starting at the time of your enrolment through the end of your class, plus $200 Coleman PowerSports discount on purchase of any New or Used Motorcycle, and additional savings from Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati.
• Superior facilities: Expansive range, Air Conditioned classroom and range trailer.