Yoga is unique in that it is the only medieval physical-fitness art that does not involve firing crossbows at a grendel. Bend and stretch bloodlessly with today's Groupon to Prana Power Yoga, with three Boston-area locations in Woburn, Cambridge, and Newton. Choose from two options:
- For $30, you get two weeks of unlimited yoga (a $75 value).
- For $30, you get five classes over an eight-week period (a $75 value).
Prana Power Yoga harnesses heated holistic healing with a collection of classes held in studios set to temperatures of 90–97 degrees Fahrenheit. Experience the elasticity known to underwear bands with two weeks of unlimited classes. Students can come and go as their schedules allow, dropping in on classes before work or swinging by the studio for serene evening stretching. With five classes, yearners for yoga can enjoy meditative movement without a 14-day time crunch, as the classes can be redeemed within eight weeks of the first class. However the classes are distributed, Prana Power Yoga students will find the same accessible and ego-free approach from the studio's instructors. Class lengths vary from 60–90 minutes, with some classes offering unheated environs, for the sake of participating snowmen.
Prana Power Yoga's courses offer spiritual and physical improvements, with past students citing weight loss, increased energy, and mental clarity as results of the studio's teachings. Step into Prana Power Yoga's clean and comforting environment—mirrorless to prevent any sense of competition or streaky self-images—and enjoy a curriculum of focus, finesse, and fitness. Each Prana Power Yoga location offers a different schedule, so check available times and dates for the options nearest you.
Prana Power Yoga has grabbed a great deal of press, including a mention in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, and the New York Post. In 2007, Travel and Leisure named Prana's New York City location one of the top 25 yoga studios in the world, and Boston Phoenix readers named it the #1 yoga studio in 2008. Yelpers give the Newton location an average of four stars, and three Citysearchers all give five stars.
- The steamy temps help practioners relax muscles, increase flexibility, and sweat out toxins. The instructors are equally warm and welcome beginners [_sic _] and pretzelesque pros alike. – Boston Phoenix
- I truly think it has not only brought me peace of mind, but I think at 27 I am on my way to my hottest body yet. Score. – Lauren v., Yelp
- They have some fantastic teachers with great attitudes. The studio is comfortable and not pretentious at all. This is a good studio for both beginners and experienced people. The 'hot' part of the yoga is a nice addition. You feel really refreshed afterwards. – bettina c., Yelp
Prana Power Yoga
Husband-and-wife team and Prana Power Yoga cofounders Philippe and Taylor Wells foster an environment in which clients can explore holistic wellness through yoga, intensive workshops, and events. Instructors at each heated studio locations roll out the welcome yoga mats, encouraging students of all interests and skill levels, from mothers-to-be to veteran sun saluters, to build strong bodies and peaceful minds in a judgment-free environment. During athletic Vinyasa-style yoga classes, certified instructors crank up temperatures as high as 99 degrees before taking mat mavens through a sequence of sweaty postures linked with mindful breathing exercises designed to boost lung capacity to Sting-like levels. Meanwhile, visitors in search of a transformative experience can attend one of the studio's workshops or events, which range from juice cleanses to destination yoga retreats in Nayarit, Mexico.