Choose Between Two Options
- $89 for one dinner experience for two ($129 total value)
- $175 for one dinner experience for four ($258 total value)
Each dinner experience includes:
- Brick & Mortar Bar: One house cocktail per person and one shared bar snack per couple ($30 value per couple)
- honeysuckle: One shared appetizer and one dessert per couple, one entree per person ($99 value per couple)
About the Restaurants
- Brick & Mortar Bar: One of the few permanent fixtures at Prequel, Brick & Mortar mixes the intimate setting of a speakeasy with the elegant craftsmanship of classic cocktails. Along with serving a variety of beers, mixologists create cocktails using American and international spirits—including from local distilleries when possible.
- honeysuckle: Chef Hamilton Johnson curates this assortment of a la carte appetizers and desserts that play with a mix of savory and sweet flavors. Though the menu changes weekly, bites may include items such as barbecue scallops, hushpuppies with peach mustarda, and wild arugula salad.
As a sort of restaurant incubator in Penn Quarter, Prequel showcases an ever-changing lineup of budding restaurant, bar, and bakery projects that are set to debut in the District. What you'll find during any given visit really depends on when you go: during the day, bakery, coffee shop, and juice bar pop-ups dominate the landscape, and later in the evening, elegant dinners are accompanied by a full beverage menu. The benefits of such a setup are twofold: you can enjoy delicious, unique bites from some of the region's most acclaimed culinary talents before their projects launch, and you can also provide them with direct feedback instead of having to write your thoughts in ketchup on your plate. Besides reactions from customers, many new establishments will even use their time at Prequel as a fundraising opportunity, meaning your support could help solidify the future of D.C.'s restaurant scene.