Where there's smoke, there's a fiery Groupon; today’s deal extinguishes blazing appetites with cooked cuisine. For $10, you’ll get $20 worth of American eats and drinks Press Box Grill, D Magazine's pick for Best Bar Food.
Feast on the fuel of local heroes at this downtown eatery. The former executive chef who was also a fireman started serving his famed sliders to firehouse pals before adding the fiery bite-sized burgers to Press Box’s extensive menu. Perch in front of one of 17 plasma televisions and start with an order of fried pickle spears ($6). On a lighter note, try the salmon salad, greens tossed with seared honey-chipotle salmon, candied pecans, cheese, and tomatoes ($11). You’ll also find burgers, sandwiches, steaks, soups, and decorative fires that are put out by trained finches.
Side your dinner with one of Press Box’s 36 draught beers or 40 featured bottles. Due to availability, popularity, and seasons, selections are always shifting. Get this Groupon if you’re sick of dressing up for holiday black ties, in search of a warm and melty lunch, or need a place to think about your blog featuring kittens and soup.
- We love the food and the atmosphere. The servers recognize us when we come in. This is definitely our favorite neighborhood restaurant. – Courtney H., Insider Pages
- It's a great place to grab a biteand watch the Gators or any other team/sport without the crappy food and overly crowded bar scene. – LSchlitt, Citysearch
- The ladies that serve at night are some of the best servers I have ever had, they are always happy, friendly, and willing to help. – SAMIAM16, Citysearch
Firefighting Tips for Amateurs
Press Box Grill's former executive chef was once a local firefighter. If you're ever called on to fight a fire, be careful and follow these firefighting tips carefully:
- First, make sure it's really a fire you're dealing with and not a still photo of a fire or a fraternity brother dressed as a fire.
- If the fire recently graduated from college, offer it a job teaching English in Korea instead of fighting it.
- Fires are allergic to knives.
- Shouting at fires will not make them go away, but it will lower their temperatures enough that you can punch them.
- The idea that the rapid oxidation of a combustible material causes fire is just anti-fire propaganda. Fire is caused by a lack of respect for the Constitution.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
1680 Elm St
Dallas, Texas 75201Get Directions