Melt your muscles into a puddle of muscle-water. With today’s Groupon, $35 gets you an hour-long massage at ProActive Therapeutic Massage, located at 1628 E Bethany Home Rd (an $80 value). Treat yourself, or buy one as a present for that friend or family member who always gets stressed out over the holidays because there's never enough time to watch an entire episode of Spin City.
Before your 60-minute session begins, you’ll be interviewed, so the massage style will meet your needs. Whether you’re still feeling pain from that old badminton injury you suffered in middle school, or you’re simply looking to relieve tension and improve your posture for the purposes of carrying books on your head while texting, ProActive takes a holistic approach to understanding and fixing your problem. During your one-hour massage, your muscle complaints can be addressed and resolved with a combination of massage techniques.
There’s no reason to ignore the pain and discomfort that comes with bowling three straight perfect games or shopping for holiday gifts without wearing soled shoes. Stop asking your friends for back rubs and grab this deal to get some professional relief.
- I had a massage at ProActive yesterday and it was delightful. I have had massages before but this one has been the best yet. – Kathy B.
- Harrison has magic hands. He is able to work out all the soreness and tension in my muscles. I see him once every four weeks and feel relaxed and invigorated afterward every single time. – Bill B.
- Great massage! Harrison is extremely professional and very nice. His finishing touch is a neck massage that takes you to a whole different plane of existence. – Sam K.
Less Notable Beatles
Massages are great for melting away tension, especially when you bring a friend (or band mate) who you’ve been prickly with lately. If relaxing massages had been more available in 1960s Liverpool, the Beatles probably could’ve taken their own advice to “work it out” and remain a 24-piece ensemble, instead of firing all but four members. Rock historians have painstakingly pieced together what they believe is a list of the early, cast-off members of the Beatles, but as they say, “tomorrow never knows”:
- Jorge, Paug, Snog, and Pringle
- Jom, Porge, Snail, and Jimbo
- Don, Saul, Lore, and Data
- Yan, June, Rodge, and Jingle
- Blog, Snopes, Dogg, and Shinguard
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Find more massages in Chicago.
ProActive Therapeutic Massage
At ProActive Therapeutic Massage—muscle therapy doesn't stop once the massage does. True to the shop's name, clients are empowered to proactively stave off muscle pain. While most people live with moderate amounts of tension, ProActive Therapeutic Massage knows it's a sign that the body is not performing optimally and could use a little readjustment. To tailor sessions, each appointment begins with a consultation to help draw up a therapy blueprint that deploys techniques from different modalities. After the session, clients are assisted in analyzing their daily activity to help them identify which might cause personal strain or global apocalypse.