Some things you can't walk around with out in the open, such as a valuable piece of jewelry or your dad if he's going to wear that. Conceal wisely with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $49 for an approximately five-hour concealed-handgun-license renewal course for one, plus one hour of group defensive training (a $115 value)
- $69 for a 10-hour concealed-handgun-license course for one (a $140 value)
- $119 for a 10-hour concealed-handgun-license course for two (a $280 value)
The Texas concealed-handgun-license class combines classroom and live-fire training to meet the state's minimum requirements. Once students pass the written test and a 50-round shooting-qualification test, they qualify to apply for a state concealed-handgun license that has reciprocal agreements with 30 states. Tuition includes range fees and safety gear. Gun rentals are available for $10, and ammo is available for $15. Tuition does not include any further costs associated with submitting a CHL application, such as passport photos, fingerprints, or the state's licensing fee of up to $140. The 10-hour course is usually split into two five-hour evening sessions. See the schedule for upcoming classes.
- Training drills and practice held at Proactive Defense
- Outdoor pistol and rifle lanes
- Paper targets, moving targets, and stationary and reactive steel targets
- Classes include concealed-handgun-license courses, defensive handgun training, AR-15 rifle clinics, and women's defense
At a Glance
Calling upon backgrounds in the military and law enforcement, Proactive Defense’s state- and NRA-licensed instructors Chris Rainey and Hank Denny train students on what to do should they ever encounter a threatening situation. Utilizing both classroom and live-fire training, Chris and Hank teach everything from basic handling such as reloading and clearing jams, through advanced skills, including drawing from the holster and transitioning through multiple firearms. To support the armed forces, they also organize a scholarship fund for the supplementary training of military personnel who might not be able to otherwise afford it.
“Excellent staff and instructors. Well worth the cost!”
“Our instructor did his best to keep the otherwise boring (CHL class) entertaining, and the instructors were both very knowledgeable in their trade. I appreciated...”
“Our instructor did his best to keep the otherwise boring (CHL class) entertaining, and the instructors were both very knowledgeable in their trade. I appreciated their patience with a newbie like me.”
“Excellent place to obtain CHL. Great instructors, very patient, and high regard for safety. Would definitely recommend. ”