Dancing is a healthy way to physically connect to someone, preferable to giving them a painful bear hug or sewing your head onto their body. Get cheek-to-cheek with today’s Groupon.
$59 for a 10-class course in Bollywood and hip-hop fusion from February 13 to May 2 (a $150 value). View the schedule here. Choose one of the following class options:
- Beginner Bollywood for ages 5.5–8, Monday, 7 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Beginner Bollywood for ages 8–12, Thursday, 6 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Beginner Bollywood for ages 13–18, Monday, 8 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Beginner Bollywood for adults, Tuesday, 8 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Beginner Bollywood for adults, Wednesday, 8 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Intermediate Bollywood for ages 5.5–8, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Intermediate Bollywood for ages 8–12, Wednesday, 6 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Intermediate Bollywood for ages 13–18, Thursday, 7 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Intermediate Bollywood for adults, Thursday, 8 p.m.–9 p.m.<p>
Project Pulse introduces rhythm-acolytes of all ages and experience levels to a multicultural array of dance styles. Dancers can locate the fusion beats of a Bollywood class, jamming to tunes from Indian, Latin, Middle Eastern, and Western cultures. Classically trained instructors also drill physical coordination into students through breakdancing, ballet, and jazz classes, as well as classes in lyrical dance inspired by the dance-floor mastery of William Wordsworth. With no more than 15 bodies boogying during each lesson, 10–12 weeks of classes are sufficient to master routines and moves inside and out.