All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 4, 2016
What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for $90 worth of handcrafted, sustainable glasses, sunglasses, and accessories
- $89 for $150 worth of handcrafted, sustainable glasses, sunglasses, and accessories
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per order. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. Online only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Proof Eyewear
In 1954, Bud Dame started a sawmill in Idaho. Over the years, he passed down the family trade to his grandsons, who spent their youths working in the mill and exploring the outdoors. Inspired by their love for woodworking and nature, the three brothers founded Proof, following in their grandfather's footsteps more than 60 years later. Today, they hand cut and finish uber-hip glasses, sunglasses, and accessories using wood from certified sustainable forests, cotton-based acetate, and upcycled materials. And they outfit frames with polarized, UV-coated lenses in a range of colored tints. Through their Do Good Program, they've donated over 12% of their annual profits to various charitable projects throughout the world. Read on to for a peek at their collections:
- Wood Collection: They handcraft the frames from sustainably sourced wood—including zebra wood, mahogany, and bamboo—and finish them with a water-resistant protective coating.
- Eco Collection: To create these frames—aka the Environmentally Conscious Optics collection—they employ a 15-step process to layer cotton-based acetate and sustainable wood. The resulting glasses are renewable, biodegradable, and hypoallergenic.
- Skate Collection: They transform Canadian maple skateboards into extremely durable frames.
- Aluminum Collection: Aluminum is known for being lightweight, malleable, and infinitely recyclable. Sticking to Proof’s sustainable initiative, this collection provides a completely new set of silhouettes while in turn giving aluminum scraps another life.