What You'll Get
Paddleboards allow people to stand on water without having to train a whale shark to swim in place. March across the open sea with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $49 for a two-hour paddleboard experience for one with a beginner's lesson and paddle time (a $130 value)
- $59 for the above paddleboard experience for two (a $260 value)
- $80 for the above paddleboard experience for three (a $390 value)
- $20 for a two-hour standup-paddleboard rental for one (a $50 value)
- $38 for a two-hour standup-paddleboard rental for two (a $100 value)
- $58 for a two-hour standup-paddleboard rental for three (a $150 value)
During lessons at one of four locations, students learn the basics of paddleboarding from a lifelong watersports lover. They practice foot placement, balance, and the finer points of steering. The coach runs through a few important safety tips, such as the most comfortable way to fall, how to recover the board and paddle, and the incantation that summons help from nearby dolphins. The lesson typically takes one hour of on-the-water time, and then students are free to embark on their own for the remainder of their time. Rentals are available Saturday and Sunday.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 25, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Subject to weather. Rentals valid only on Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 1pm. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Pure Water Sports
Pure Water Sports owner Tim Haines goes whichever way the wind blows him, especially when he's skirting across the water on his kiteboard. If he says he's a waterman, it's because he's spent most of his life on the waves. Sharing his seaside passion with others, he holds lessons in the emerald beauty of Marina Bay and rents out equipment to encourage others to explore. For an additional challenge, SUP Yoga classes allow participants to test their strength and balance out on the water. During lessons, students keep warm in rented wetsuits or stay cool in sequined board shorts.