What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for one 60-minute hypnosis session ($125 value)
- $145 for three 60-minute hypnosis sessions ($375 value)
During the appointment, Rachel Zingone guides clients to a heightened state of awareness. They use deeply relaxing techniques to unlock the subconscious, working to help them overcome undesirable behaviors and effect lasting change. Hypnosis can also be used to help manage pain, improve sports performance, control food habits, reduce stress,overcome anxiety, eliminate insomnia, weight loss, tobacco cessation, altering habits, ego strengthening, irritable bowel, other digestive disorders and more.
Three Things to Know About Hypnosis
Despite its less-than-serious depiction in cartoons and movies, hypnosis can be an effective tool for therapy. Read on to learn more about the way hypnosis affects our conscious minds.
1. People aren’t unconscious under hypnosis. In fact, they are in a state of focused hyper-awareness. Subjects’ suggestibility does not emerge from any lack of understanding, but rather from the suppression of inhibitions. That might result in a stage performer making a person feel comfortable enough to cluck like a duck that thinks it’s a chicken, but for a therapist it might mean circumventing the conscious mind’s tendency to make excuses for an addiction.
2. You cannot be hypnotized against your will. Although it is true that a hypnotized person will be more susceptible to suggestion, it’s simply not possible to force them to do something that they don’t want to do. Likewise, when battling a deep-set psychological issue such as a phobia or an addiction, hypnosis doesn’t work by reversing the patient’s unwanted thoughts but by gradually strengthening their resolve to silence them.
3. Hypnosis often takes hold gradually. Many hypnotherapists use a method known as progressive relaxation. Introducing peaceful imagery in slow, soothing tones, the professional lulls the patient into a state of relaxation over a longer period of time—as long as a half-hour—and gauges their suggestibility with simple, easy-to-swallow commands such as “relax your arms.”
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Not valid with insurance. Appointment required. Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Winter hours are Tuesdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Wednesdays 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.