Golf-club designers often consult aerospace engineers to fulfill dreams of experimental-alloy drivers and converting the solar system into a nine-hole executive course. Take your game to the next frontier with today’s Groupon.
$19 for one-hour private golf practice with TrackMan analysis (a $45 value)
$45 for three one-hour private golf practices with TrackMan analysis (a $135 value)
- TrackMan analysis software features include the following:
- Integrates data and video results of ball flight, angle, and spin
- Traces swing path and point of impact
- Watch swings in slow motion with freeze-frame technology
- Records before and after pictures for comparisons
- Compare swing and technique to PGA professionals
- Same technology used by PGA Tour players<p>
Radar Golf Academy
The idiom “practice makes perfect” may apply to a lot of things, but golf fundamentals can be so off that hours of practice just means practicing the wrong things over and over without ever improving. Radar Golf Academy aims to fix this by using advanced technology to enhance the abilities and skills of all types of golfers, from greenhorns to green-jacket holders.
Its instructors employ TrackMan doppler-radar technology—used multiple days a week during the PGA, LPGA, and European tour seasons by top players—to correct swing imbalances and improve ball spin, distance, and accuracy. The technology combined with tips from the instructors can improve both long and short games. The instructors also analyze swings using high-speed video, and they reshaft and repair clubs.
Once clients know how to improve their game and have the proper tools to do so, they can take to the greens to practice the steps from their personalized game-improvement plans and the golf-club sword fights that now determine tournament tiebreakers.