All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed January 3, 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012
What You'll Get
In karaoke—as in child rearing or police work—having fun is more important than being good. Get a taste of stardom with today’s Groupon to Radio Star Karaoke. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get a karaoke happy hour package for eight people (up to a $125.90 total value) that includes the following items:
- Two hours in a small private karaoke room (a $40 value)
- Two entrees from the menu, excluding large chicken wings and seafood salad (up to a value of $14.95 each)
Eight cocktail shots of vodka with juice (a $7 value each)<p>
- For $70, you get a karaoke happy hour package for 18 people (up to a $245.80 total value) that includes the following items:
- Two hours in a large private karaoke room (a $60 value)
- Four entrees from the menu, excluding large chicken wings and seafood salad (up to a $14.95 value each)
- 18 cocktail shots of vodka with juice (a $7 value each)<p>
In Radio Star Karaoke’s nine colorful private rooms, budding pop stars croon tunes amid vintage entertainment décor as companions munch on menu items, sip drinks, and browse the song list for their next number. As singers pass the microphone, audiences fortify themselves with entrees such as the Radio Star chicken wings, which flutter in buffalo, barbecue, Thai, or mixed sauce ($11.95). Like most captured UFOs, the Fully Loaded Mullet plate arrives loaded with chicken tenders and french fries blanketed by jalapeños, cheese, and a dousing of RS special sauce ($11.95). Neon colored lights cast patterns on private room walls and vintage microphones and radios glow inside lit display cases, reminding passersby of the bygone days before electricity.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 18, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must be 21 or over. Large chicken wing and seafood salad are not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Radio Star Karaoke
Rihanna, Shania Twain, Mumford & Sons, and Elton John. That's not from the playlist of an indecisive radio DJ—it's from the song list at Radio Star Karaoke, which boasts more than 28,000 English and Spanish tunes. Visitors belt out melodies from nine private rooms, the biggest of which can fit up to 40 singers. Bolder singers exercise their pipes on the stage of the ultra-modern bar area, decked out with translucent plastic chairs illuminated by multicolored, club-style lighting. Dots of laser light flit across the entire space, framing wrap-around couches and flat-screen TVs. In the front hallway, a museum of vintage microphones and RCA Victor radios is on display to inspire singers. Fueling the festivities, which on some nights can last until 4 a.m., is a menu of spirited beverages and sharable appetizers that have all been stolen from Prince’s kitchen.