A delicious meal leaves you feeling satisfied, like finishing a jigsaw puzzle or making a cool new jigsaw puzzle out of your parents’ wedding album. Fill the empty place with this Groupon.
$100 for an Eight-Course Tasting Dinner for Two ($200 Value)
Each person receives the following courses:
- North Arm Farm beetroot salad with goat-cheese mousse and shaved radish
- Sunchoke velouté with celery salad and coronation grapes
- Rabbit terrine with smoked ham and savoy cabbage
- Seared albacore tuna with red-pepper gel, quail egg, and grilled red onion
- Roasted leg of confit duck with root-vegetable-and-lentil ragu and granny smith apple
- Line-caught lingcod with tomato risotto and wild watercress
- Dark-chocolate mousse with Okanagan cherries, cherry-stone ice cream, and cherry jelly
- Petits fours<p>
Raincity Grill's chefs embrace the essence of British Columbia by forging seasonally rotating menus with the region's organic and locally grown crops. They regard their cuisine as "a tribute to the local farmers, fisherman and producers" from whom they source their ingredients, highlighting the farm-fresh vegetables and proteins in meals that Zagat rates as "very good to excellent." Though the menu changes, dishes may shine a spotlight on wild salmon in carrot sauce, dry-aged bone-in rib eye, or pappardelle pasta with wild and cultivated mushrooms.
The restaurant's signature 100 Mile tasting menu almost exclusively incorporates ingredients from within 100 miles, the exact distance that the prep chefs can rollerblade in one day. Even the wine selection consists almost entirely of carefully vinted bottles from the Pacific West Coast. By partnering with the Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise conservation program, the chefs also demonstrate their commitment to sustainable seafood and environmental responsibility.