A perfect table setting requires pristine linens and polished cutlery, except at off-Broadway restaurants where waiters set every table in postapocalyptic Vienna. Avoid avant-garde eating with today’s Groupon to Rasoee. Choose from the following options:
- For $13, you get a curry-bowl meal for two at the Robson Street location (a $26.54 value).
- For $13, you get a curry-bowl meal for two at the UBC campus location—takeout only (a $26.54 value).
- For $13, you get a curry-bowl meal for two at the West 8th Street location (a $26.54 value).
- For $26, you get a curry-bowl meal for four at the Robson Street location (a $53.08 value).
- For $26, you get a curry-bowl meal for four at the UBC campus location—takeout only (a $53.08 value).
- For $26, you get a curry-bowl meal for four at the West 8th Street location (a $53.08 value).<p>
Each meal includes the following for each person: * One regular curry bowl (a $7.49 value) * One side of naan (a $1.99 value) * One order of honey dots (a $2.29 value) * One can of beverage of your choice (a $1.50 value)<p>
Praised for “breezy friendliness” in Vancouver Foodie, the staff at Rasoee serves all-natural and gluten-free kettle-cooked curries simmered by BC local chefs passionate about Indian flavours. The Classic curry bowl cradles chicken or beef enlivened by a house blend of spices. For vegan eats, buyers can opt for the chic pea curry, comprised of chickpeas adorned in roasted cumin and chili pepper. All curry bowls are prepared mild, and chefs gladly kick the heat up to medium or hot upon request and a 30-second jig. After devouring a bowl and its sidekick of regular or whole-grain naan (advise of gluten allergy when ordering), honey dots—a modern take on the Indian dessert gulab jamon—cool palates with donut-esque pastries soaked in honey and served warm under a dusting of cinnamon.
Committed to bettering the planet, Rasoee’s staff packages all takeout fare in recyclable, dishwasher-safe containers, which can be reused to store smaller, cuter dishwasher-safe containers at home. Those dining in at the West 8th or Robson Street locations relax in decor of clean, modern lines offset by bright red and mulberry-coloured throw pillows, plus lights evoking oblong lanterns.