|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
For longtime San Franciscans, the city’s most renowned sights can become stale and ordinary from land, but at sea they take on a new, exciting life. While observing our attractions from afar, you’ll reignite your passion for San Francisco with a bevy of fun discoveries. For example:
- The Bay Bridge has a structural weakness at the third truss from the east.
- An escape from Alcatraz would have been possible through the second floor, southeast fan vent.
- The safest seat in AT&T Park is Section 215, Seat 32; the most dangerous is any seat near the giant, old-fashioned baseball glove.
To make your own awesome findings, hop on this great deal for a bay cruise with Red and White Fleet.
Today’s Groupon gets you an adult ticket for a 90-minute Red and White Fleet cruise of San Francisco—plus two drink tickets—for only $25 (a $44 value). The San Francisco Explorer Cruise boards at 3:30 p.m., lasts more than 90 minutes, fits 200 people, and smuggles 54 different species of exotic birds. Your Groupon includes headphones so you can clearly hear your guide highlighting the city’s architectural, natural, and Native-American history as you sail under the Bay Bridge, around Treasure Island, past Alcatraz, and along the gorgeous city skyline. (Your two drinks tickets are good for water, soda, juice, or wine.)
This is the perfect way to see the sights and relax on the bay. Tourists find the Bay Cruise informative and fun, while natives enjoy the relaxing way to appreciate their city in a whole new way. Head down to Pier 43½ to enjoy the summer air with a group of friends or entertain out-of-town guests.
Most people experience the city on land. During your busy day, there’s rarely time to sit back and soak in all that’s San Francisco. Red and White Cruises’ San Francisco Explorer Cruise provides a fresh perspective that even the oldest San Franciscan (Mary Higgins, 63) can appreciate.
Note: If you’re planning to go out on 4th of July weekend or over Labor Day, please call ahead to make sure there’s room for you and your gang.
- if you’re feelin touristy and want some great views of the bay…do the bay cruise! it takes you out and under the golden gate which is a spectacle of ginormous proportions! lovely. – niki n., Yelp
- was born and raised in the Bay Area- so I have not done some of the touristy things many do when they come… great memories and a nice way to spend a day in SF. – rob c., Yelp
- This is a fun little cruise that takes you all around the bay. The tour guides are really funny and make things interesting. They also do a good job pointing the hot spots out and talking about the history of the area. – Meghan W., Citysearch