Choose Between Two Options
$6 for one ticket to Garden After Dark ($12 value)
- Thursday, October 16
- Thursday, October 23
During Garden After Dark, the Red Butte Garden transforms into a lush, fairytale landscape. Guests of all ages—and in costumes, if they like—can explore the grounds from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., seeking unusual plants and magical creatures. Crafts, activities, and glittering lights round out the enchanting experience.
Red Butte Garden
The University of Utah considers the blooms of spring flowers, the colors of fall leaves, and the greenery of winter pines to be public resources. With that in mind, the university oversees the Red Butte Garden, a community funded, non-profit outdoor attraction. Across its hundreds of miles, visitors find opportunities to view seasonal foliage or simply relax outside with a good book.
- Size: more than 100 acres, with miles of hiking trails, walking paths, and display gardens
- Eye Catcher: the garden's springtime display of approximately 350,000 bulbs in full bloom
- Don't Miss: the wide variety of roses that bloom along the Floral Walk and in the Rose Garden during summer
- Ways to Explore: private and public tram tours and hikes during warmer months; snowshoe expeditions during the winter
- Special Programs and Entertainment: events for kids; plant sales; gardening classes; film screenings; live shows in the Red Butte Garden Amphitheatre
- Pro Tip: complimentary WiFi suffuses the grounds, making the garden a scenic place to get some work done or play virtual farming games