Choose Between Two Options
- $12 for $20 worth of burgers and Mexican food for two
- $25 for $40 worth of burgers and Mexican food for four
- See the menu
Red Ox Bar & Grill
People born in the Chinese zodiac’s year of the ox are said to be hard working and patient, but they're also persistent. Terry Flores and Lily Hernandez are no different. To pay homage to these traits, they named their most recent culinary endeavor Red Ox Bar & Grill. The Northside Village restaurant is the successor to the pair’s other restaurant—and longtime Houston favorite—Bocados. Happily for fans, the menu features some of Bocados most beloved dishes, just in a new, bike-, dog-, and family-friendly space.
- Starter: a trio of chicken empanadas served with fresh guacamole and handmade salsa
- Main dish: the Mexican burger featuring chorizo and pickled jalapeños to add a kick
- Mexican entree: diner favorite fajitas—made with flavorful beef or chicken and homemade corn, whole-wheat, or flour tortillas
- Drink: the signature frozen prickly-pear margarita provides a refreshing complement to the Tex-Mex dishes
"Everything here has a story," Terry has told several reporters. And that starts with the entrance, a 1900s antique door, joined by a roll-up glass garage door that opens up to the patio for al fresco meals. Inside a colorful mural of Houston landmarks painted by area graffiti artist, Wiley, adorns the reclaimed-wood walls, which were custom build from bowling-alley flooring.