Yoga studio offers variety of classes, luxury amenities, complimentary massage chair, free guided meditation; near other wellness services
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $29 for five morning yoga classes: valid weekdays ($100 value)
- $51 for one month of yoga classes ($125 value)
- $118 for two months of yoga classes ($250 value)
- View class descriptions and schedule
Red Yoga features infrared heat panel technology, near infrared, and red light therapy to enhance the yoga experience. Benefits can include improved detoxification, circulation, weight loss, pain relief, better sleep, and more. Visit Red Yoga’s website and click the link to learn more.
Three Things to Know About Yoga
Few fitness disciplines meld relaxation and strength-building like yoga. Read on to learn about its surprising origins and incredible diversity.
1. In Sanskrit, yoga means “union.” (The word shares a root with the English word “yoke.”) The things being united are the mind, body, and breath, as practitioners use motion to guide the thoughts toward peaceful awareness and away from the funny-looking dog walking past the studio window.
2. Historically, strength and flexibility were probably just side benefits. In fact, some of the first Indian yogis to arrive to the U.S. explicitly rejected asanas, or postures, as a distraction from meditation. Recent research by yogi and scholar Mark Singleton indicates that, starting in the 1920s, a Scandinavian fitness system known as Primitive Gymnastics became wildly popular in India, and began to meld with far older yoga traditions that were more concerned with breath and focus. Around the same time, other teachers in India traveled the country teaching strengthening and combat techniques under the guise of yoga, in the hopes of preparing to rise against British rule. This complex stew of influences eventually produced the blend of movement and meditation most Westerners recognize as yoga today.
3. Today an estimated 20–30 million North Americans practice yoga. What that looks like in practice is wildly diverse—everything from sweaty, tolerance-testing hot yoga to quick-flowing vinyasa yoga to “laughter yoga,” which combines yogic breathing with deliberate laughter to ease stress. One of yoga’s greatest virtues is its adaptability: props make classes accessible to older students, and prenatal classes teach pregnant women poses that take into account their extra-stretchy ligaments and tendency toward lower-back pain.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 137 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. Must sign waiver. New students only. Limited availability for evening classes, please reserve a space in advance. Two-month option must be used consecutively. Five-class pass must be used within 30 days of activation. Please arrive 15-20 minutes before first class to set up scheduling. Vouchers purchased after 12/24/17 are valid for redemption after 1/14/18. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.