|_Jump to: Reviews||What Exactly Is Sports Art?_|
Today’s $20 Groupon gets you a $50-value MVP haircut at the sports-themed Reeder’s Barbershop. Being an MVP at Reeder’s (which looks sort of like a basketball court with blue stars painted on glossy hardwood) means one of its stylish stylists gives you a head massage, hand massage, hot towel, and nape shave with your haircut. If a lovely lady making hair-magic doesn’t entertain you, a free beer or soda and a private flatscreen with DirecTV access probably will. If that still doesn’t entertain you, request access to the barbershop’s underground hybrid-animal petting zoo. But the haircut should be cause enough to head to 11515 W. Pico Blvd.; Reeder’s is so sure its savvy stylists give the best trim in LA that it’s free if you don’t like it.
If you’re a gal fed up with your boyfriend’s burgeoning mane, buy him this Groupon; he’ll thank you while he’s lounging on a leather sofa thumbing through GQ or Rolling Stone, watching the game on a huge hi-def screen, and slurping a free drink in the dude-liest barbershop in LA. Reeder’s was conceived as a remedy to generic shops (where the wait is longer for your 10-minute bowl-cut) and traditional salons (where the most masculine mag is Women’s Guns & Ammo and the conversation centers around soap operas, hair removal techniques, and Prince’s hypnotic dance moves). If you crave some culture with your cut, Reeder’s also offers a selection of sports art and team apparel.
The benefits of a good haircut are many: freshly cut hair on a freshly massaged head may cause blissful tumor of benign hairjoy to grow on the topmost portion of your scalp. Get your Groupon and see for yourself.
Eleven Yelpers give Reeder’s Barbershop a perfect five stars:
- If you’re a guy who died and went to heaven, this is what I imagine getting a haircut in heaven would be like. – George N.
- I can’t think of a better place for a guy to get a haircut. – Juan B.
- The girls are all professional, fun, easy on the eyes, down to earth stylists who enjoy shooting the shit with the customers while providing you with a great cut. – John M.
What Exactly Is Sports Art?
Sports art is the timeless tradition of taking original works from the world’s greatest artists and tastefully airbrushing in Kobe Bryant. Some of the most renowned pieces of sports art include:
- Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa featuring Kobe Bryant dunking.
- Wood’s American Gothic featuring Kobe Bryant in the upper window of the house watching highlights of himself dunking.
- Picasso’s Three Musicians featuring Kobe Bryant playing a piccolo while dunking.
- Seurat’s A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte featuring Kobe Bryant walking on the shore thinking about dunking.
- Hopper’s Nighthawks featuring Kobe Bryant drinking coffee and drawing up a play on a napkin that would likely result in him dunking.
- Michelangelo’s David re-sculpted to look like a naked Kobe Bryant dunking.
West Los Angeles
11515 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90064Get Directions