This two-hour course aims to teach the participants how to safely handle AR-15 firearm and offers a chance to practice on a shooting range
About This Deal
- What's included:
- Two-hour indoor session covering firearms safety as well as basic shooting stance and grip
- Opportunity to try five dirrefent AR-15 rifles in four calibers
- Targets and ammunition for range use
- Must be 17 or older, anyone under 18 must show US birth certificate and another form of US ID or a valid US passport
- Anyone over 18 must present their US driver's license or US government-issued ID
- Courses only open to U.S. Citizens or Non-U.S. citizens who are: (1) lawful permanent residents (eg., green card holders), (2) refugees, or (3) individuals who have been granted asylum. All participants must be free of a criminal record.
- Class location: Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range at the Mitchell's Field Athletic Complex
- No previous experience required
- No outside firearms and ammunition, face paint, and costumes allowed
- Check registration information for future dates.
About Renaissance Firearms Instruction
With a background in studying guns of different types, calibers, and eras of history, Frank Melloni turned his passion into a career by founding Renaissance Firearms Instruction. But it's perhaps his appearance on the History Channel's Top Shot that his customers find the most impressive. At Renaissance, along with his fellow instructors, Frank demonstrates proper handling of weaponry in more than ten different courses. Some of these sessions follow NRA course outlines while others were designed by Frank and his staff, including one on familiarization with historic guns. For time spent outside the classroom, they direct students to several local ranges with which Renaissance Firearms Instruction is affiliated.