Pasta became a staple of Italian fare after Emperor Caligula famously elevated a plate of lasagna to the Roman Senate. Feast on political recipes with today’s Groupon to Renna’s Pizza on Nautica Drive. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get a pasta dinner for two (up to a $32.45 total value). The dinner includes the following:
- Two pasta entrees (a $10.25 value each)
- Two drinks (up to a $4 value each)
- One dessert (up to a $3.95 value)<p>
- For $7, you get $15 worth of anything on the menu. Dinner entrees average $10.25, and pizzas average $7–$23.95.<p>
A trio of Brooklyn-born brothers oversees Renna’s pizza production, preserving its New York–style authenticity with a menu bursting at the seams with thin-crust pies, Old-World pastas, and other Italian eats. Couples can plunge forks into satisfying pasta entrees such as the breaded chicken parmigiana, a white-meat breast fried in olive oil, doused in marinara sauce, and propped up on stringy pedestal of spaghetti. Renna’s baked lasagna pays homage to the ancient groundwork of Pompeii with its layered structure of pasta, ground beef, three cheeses, and aromatic spices. An entourage of salad and garlic bread accompanies each dinner entree, and diners may quaff domestic and imported brews or sip on soda or mango tea. Patient sweet teeth perk up to indulge in post-dinner treats from a selection of varying dessert options. As former Navy and Marines service members, Renna’s owners offer 10% discounts for active and retired members of the U.S. military.