With today's side deal, you get to come see Rennie Harris Puremovement presented by Stanford Lively Arts, Saturday, January 22, at the Stanford University Memorial Auditorium in Stanford. Choose from the following options:
- For $15, you get a B seating ticket for the 8 p.m. show (up to a $30 value).
- For $10, you get a C seating ticket for the 8 p.m. show (up to a $20 value).
- For $7, you get a B seating ticket for the 3 p.m. show (up to a $15 value).
- For $5, you get a C seating ticket for the 3 p.m. show (up to a $10 value).
An accomplished dancer and choreographer, Rennie Harris has shared his passion for hip-hop dancing with audiences across the world for more than two decades. With his dance company, Rennie Harris Puremovement, he strives to portray hip-hop as a unique form of expression that isn't limited by race or economic backgrounds, much like how competitive eaters aren’t limited by conventional waistbands. The evening performance includes old and new routines divided into two acts, and the family matinee will include an abbreviated set to prevent vampire hunters from having to leave early.
Youth 18 and under may purchase a B-seating ticket for either performance, or a C-seating ticket for the 3 p.m. performance directly from Stanford Lively Arts for a price equal to the cost of this deal, but multiple Groupons redeemed at the ticket counter at the same time will be seated together, and this Groupon still offers the best deal available.
- Central to Harris’s work is the philosophy that, contrary to stereotypical (and often negative) portrayals of hip-hop in the commercial media, the art form has a unique ability to express universal themes that extend beyond racial, religious, and economic boundaries. To cultivate this message, Harris and RHPM have conducted lectures and seminars at universities and community centers nationwide. – Mercury News
551 Serra Mall
Stanford, California 94305Get Directions