Snow has two positive uses: it can be used to build snow-jurors when neighbors don't show up to serve in a nonbinding apartment court, and you can ski on it. Revel in the white stuff with today's Groupon: for $149, you get a one-night ski-and-stay package for two (up to a $331 value) at The Resort at The Mountain in Mt. Hood. The deal includes the $12 resort fee and a $100 spa credit toward services at The Spa and a free shuttle to Ski Bowl.
Located about an hour southeast of Portland, The Resort welcomes superfluous, car-horn-weary urbanites to its serenely forested environs. Take up temporary residence in your choice of two guest-room types—resort room king or double queen—for an amenity-stacked, bucolic night. Outside the confines of each room lies a combination of natural majesty with man-made luxury, making the resort an ideal venue for romantic peak watching, Yahtzee-free familial relaxation, and nature-enhanced business retreats. Skiing and snowboarders can get their mountain-coasting fill with discounted lift tickets to both Ski Bowl and Timberline, a national historic landmark. After you've finished sluicing down slopes, venture into the calming corridors of The Spa, where the hushed coolness of a whispering pine body polish ($98) recharges and exfoliates skin with evergreen-scented ease. Otherwise, treat fingers and toes to a soak and polish (starting at $49) or a slew of 50-minute massages (starting at $98) that deliver deep heat in the face of Old Man Winter's woes.
For an extra $50, you can upgrade to a fireside studio room, complete with fireplace (subject to availability). An additional night's stay is a discounted price of $111 with your Groupon, which also includes the $12 resort fee.
- this golf resort, set in a large clearing in the dense woods at the base of Mount Hood, is one of your best choices in the Mount Hood area. Beautifully landscaped grounds incorporating concepts from Japanese garden design hide the resort's many low-rise buildings and make this a tranquil woodsy retreat. – Frommer’s
- An absolute hidden gem! The entire property was recently renovated and damn, does it show! The property is beautiful, location is stunning, and the overall transformation of the hotel is pretty spectacular. Very clean, modern, yet comfortable design. Fantastic value for all the amenities – nikilafemina, TripAdvisor
The Courses at The Mountain
Situated in the western highlands of Mount Hood National Forest, The Courses at The Mountain combines three nine-hole layouts for 27 holes sculpted into the forest's pristine displays of flora and fauna. The resort's three nines, titled Thistle, Pine Cone, and Foxglove, challenge golfers of all stripes to navigate streams, forests, and secret flagstick passwords needed to unlock each track. Established in 1928 by locals Ralph Shattuck and George Waale, Pine Cone represents the site's original playing terrain and the fourth-oldest course in Oregon. The middle sibling, Thistle, attracts beginners and novices with a shorter length and forgiving fairways for game improvement. The newest and most difficult nine, Foxglove, challenges skilled players with narrow fairways and endless lies to lose a golf ball, forcing golfers to dip into an extra sleeve of golf balls or continue harboring a hardboiled egg trying to escape an inevitable egg salad.
Course at a Glance:
- Three 9-hole courses
- Up to 6,586 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 71.2 from the back tees
- Slope of 130 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees
68010 E Fairway Ave.
Welches, Oregon 97067Get Directions