For $13, today's deal gets you one ticket to Jake's Gift (up to a $27 value, including ticketing fees and HST) at The LSPU Hall, presented by Resource Centre for the Arts and the Arts & Culture Centres. Choose from the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 9 at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 10 at 8 p.m.
- Friday, March 11 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 12 at 8 p.m.
Resource Centre for the Arts harvests the creative oats sowed by Newfoundland and Labrador's local and indigenous arts community while presenting careful and acclaimed performers hailing from all over Canada. Written and performed by Julia Mackey and directed by Dirk Van Stralen, Jake's Gift unfolds an award-winning tale that revolves around a World War II veteran's return to Juno Beach six decades after the D-Day invasion. This moving yarn weaves together a heavy yet humourous character study focused on redemption, remembrance, and relationships. Performances are held at The LSPU Hall, where stage oglers are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes early. Call ahead for seating.
- It’s lovely to watch the exchange of wisdom between old and young—an exchange, as this play brilliantly points out, that flows both ways. Isabelle and Jake change each other, and as a result, change the audience, too. – Kate Watson, The Coast
- When a bare-bones, solo show can have virtually every member of the (packed) audience — and the performer — in tears by the end, you know it’s a gem. – Winnipeg Free Press
3 Victoria St.
St. John's, Newfoundland A1C 3V2Get Directions