Without the protein keratin, human hair would turn green, frizz out, and explode with the radiance of a thousand suns, exactly like a Chia pet. Keep your style in one manageable piece with today's Groupon : for $150, you get a Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy (a $300 value) at Revolver Salon, which is part of the beauty shop Ricky's. Choose from the following Revolver locations:
- Soho at 590 Broadway
- The Village at 111 Third Avenue
- Union Square at 7 East 14th Street
- Uptown at 2906 Broadway
- Queens at 30-83 Steinway Street in Astoria
- Brooklyn at 484 Bergan Street
The frizz-flattening Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy, which was designed by hair mastermind Peter Coppola, infuses hair with natural keratin, straightening strands and adding a silky, lustrous sheen to each individual filament. The therapy also cuts down on styling time, making hair easy to manage and making it require less product and Gorilla Glue to achieve its ideal look. Once flat-ironed into the hair, the keratin infusion lasts from three to five months depending on hair type and proper care, allowing people to frolic in secure, straight-stranded delight for long lengths of time.
Each of Revolver's locations, all of which are offshoots of Ricky's edgy beautifying abodes, have playful, eye-catching décor (New York magazine mentions a chandelier made of gold spray-painted hair dryers at one of the salons) and staffs with as much experience as Abe Lincoln had dollar bills stuffed in his top hat. Call to make an appointment, or contact Revolver Salon through its website to have your scalpscape leveled and straightened with today's deal.
- …designed with the store’s young, downtown clientele in mind, and it specializes in fast, affordable cuts and “crazy” color. – New York
- …if you’re not the DIY type, you can put yourself in the capable hands of Ricky’s-approved stylists who’ll help you look like a St. Marks punk circa 1982—or something tamer if that’s what you’re into… – Time Out New York