This course helps women connect to education, support, and resources applicable to all women who had a child in the last 12 months.
About This Deal
A Self Care Program for Women Who Gave Birth in the Last 12 Months
- Five 90-minute in person classes
- Student Workbook
- Postpartum Exercises
- 12 Months of access to ongoing support
About the Class: Our experience is built by female healthcare workers and focuses on the top needs of new mothers. Classes take place on Tuesdays at 6:00-7:30 pm for five weeks starting on June 9th.
The Rhea Experience
Week 1 - Mental Health
- How to recognize and overcome postpartum depression
- Helping a spouse with postpartum depression
- Other postpartum mental states
- Conditions we mistake for postpartum depression
- The "SUNSHINE" guide for mental wellness
- When to speak to a therapist and the best questions to ask
Week 2 - Pelvic Floor
- How to detect and strengthen a weak pelvic floor
- How to overcome incontinence, no more urinary leaks when sneezing or jumping
- How to eliminate discomfort or pain with sex
- Body alignment
- The 9 key exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor and prevent prolapse
- Other common physical changes and how to overcome them
Week 3 - Emotional Health
- The effects of social distance and isolation
- Partner dynamics
- Emotional awareness
- Grounding and healthy conflict management
- The "Strawberry" approach to friendship
- How to build a personal community
Week 4 - Sleep
- The transition from womb to world
- Sleeping arrangements
- The crib safety checklist
- The "Safe Sleep Seven"
- The "Better Sleep" list - helping moms get more sleep
Week 5 - Self Care
- How to take an active role in self care
- 151 self care ideas
- How to regain a strong sense of identity
- Establishing a routine
- Nutrition and food ideas
About the Experience
- 90 Minute Classes
- A Judgement Free Environment
- Prevent Postpartum Problems
- Learn In Person
12 Months of Support
Part of a Community With Their Own Health Expert
After the class has finished mothers will be part of a private virtual support group led by certified postnatal doulas. This community of mothers can ask questions and connect for a full year after the baby's birth.
Ongoing Educational Emails
Rhea will keep mothers in the loop with emails that provide exercises each week to strengthen their core, pelvic floor (to prevent incontinence and prolapse), mental and social way of life.
Need To Know
About Rhea Women's Health
Rhea Women’s Health is one of the few female wellness companies that is focused on mothers after they’ve given birth. While most doctors will provide mothers with one postnatal checkup–we offer new mothers five 90-minute classes with certified female health experts followed by 12 months of ongoing support. That’s 57 check ins.
The honest truth is, half of mothers experience an emotional or mental health problem that could go on to have long-term effects–and most women don’t even know it’s happening. Our experience exists to mitigate those issues and empower a community of women.