|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
In today’s fast-paced world, most people scoff at the idea of taking tennis lessons. These tennis-naysayers believe the skill does little to make one’s busy routine more efficient. This common misconception completely ignores how useful tennis techniques are in our daily lives:
- A forehand smash is identical to the motion used to shuck corn.
- The overhand volley excellently prepares one to attack an intruder with a scythe.
- The backhand is a great maneuver for initiating duels with dainty pistol-carrying southern gentlemen.
If you want to learn important fundamentals that apply to the real world (and the game of tennis), keep reading about a great deal for a lesson with Rhythm Tennis.
Today’s Groupon gets you one two-hour tennis lesson with Rhythm Tennis for $40 (normally $75). Practice on the beautiful Russian Hill Park courts, located at 2709 Larkin St. near Union Square and some water. The lesson is perfect for honing your volleying skills or for just learning the basics. Rhythm Tennis will even provide the racquet. Plus, tennis is a great cardio-workout. What better way to spend a beautiful summer day than forcing your heart to beat rapidly against its will?
All lessons are taught by Greg, a highly experienced and certified tennis coach. He’s participated in professional men’s tournaments (he won San Francisco’s Men’s Championship Division) and practiced with top professional players in the world. He’s taken his top-notch instruction to the Boys and Girls Club, San Francisco Bay Club, and San Francisco Recreation and Parks.
Lessons come in group packages, so get up to five Groupons and take the five people you’d most like to defeat in tennis. If you prefer something smaller, you can book smaller groups or even get a private lesson.
Rhythm Tennis has a perfect five-star rating on Yelp with reviewers saying:
- Greg definitely is an extremely good trainer! I have taken group lessons before… but after just 1 session, Greg had me hitting almost perfect backhands!! I am still in shock! I enjoyed the practice so much, but also learned a ton! If you are looking to brush up on your skills or start from square one, this is your guy! And to think I bought a full package of sessions; looks like I may go pro in no time! – Jacki H, Yelp
- Who says we can’t have it all?! Greg makes it look easy! He added precision, power, and rhythm to my tennis in just a few very fun-to-take lessons. He knows how to make you hit a perfect shot. I’ve had six other instructors before and Greg is by far the best one. I’m a Brazilian M.D. who takes lessons from Greg every time I visit SF, and my ranking has jumped from 4.0 to 4.5. – Raquel M., Yelp
- I have now taken two tennis classes with Greg [after I] purchased a package of eight lessons. I figured if I’m going to try to learn [to] kick my husband’s butt at tennis, I need all the help I can get! I have never played tennis other than some beach racquetball many years ago. I have to tell you–I never knew I had it in me! I really do feel that I’m learning a lot. Plus, I’m getting a great work out. Greg is very patient. He is very encouraging and celebrates my successes with me! I love that!! So far it is one of the best decisions I have made all month. Game, set, match! – Nickole K., Yelp
At Rhythm Tennis, students learn the ins and outs of the sport with one-on-one instruction from coach Greg, a San Francisco Men's Champion Division winner. Beginners learn to defeat competitors and screen the air for migrating cicadas by mastering fundamentals and strokes such as the forehand, backhand, and volley. Onsite tennis pros also restring rackets and offer tips and tricks on gear.
2709 Larkin St
San Francisco, California 94109Get Directions