$16 for one ticket to Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns (up to $26 value)
- Thursday, October 16, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 17, at 10 p.m.
- Sunday, October 19, at 8:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22, at 9 p.m.
- Thursday, October 23, at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 24, at 10:15 p.m.
- Sunday, October 26, at 8:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 29, at 9 p.m.
- Thursday, October 30, at 9:15 p.m.
- Sunday, November 2, at 8:45 p.m.
More than 5,000 jack o’lanterns with hand-carved designs illuminate a trail at Old Westbury Gardens. Visitors walk a 1/3-mile loop over the course of 45–60 minutes as music and lighting effects create a Halloween atmosphere.
RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns
From scary movies to haunted houses, Halloween entertainment often errs more toward the trick end of the holiday's trick-or-treat spectrum. RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns, however, embraces treats with its scare-free, family-friendly walking trail, which showcases more than 5,000 hand-carved and illuminated Jack O'Lanterns. Each unique piece is the work of local artists and sculptors, who spend anywhere from a few minutes to upwards of 20 hours on their designs.
Those images are arranged according to theme along the trail, leading guests past groupings of pumpkins carved with everything from larger-than-life animals to dragon a that is over 50 feet long carved from hundreds of jack-o-lanterns. Visitors can glance at talented artists as they hand-paint and carve the images of TV and movie stars into giant 100 pound pumpkins at the live carving station.