Visitors train their whole bodies by going up the wall following a chosen route
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- What’s included:
- Single-day admission
- Rental equipment: climbing shoes, harness, and chalk bag
- Climbing orientation
- Appropriate for skill levels: No climbing experience is required.
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first-timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
Need To Know
About Risen Rock
Climbers walking into Risen Rock for the first time are sure to notice the gym's most defining feature: their 5,000 square feet of purple, white, and grey rope walls soaring over three stories high. The gym's combined climbing space covers 10,000 square feet of climbing surface, though—so where is that other 5,000 square feet? Well, new and seasoned climbers alike can find it along the gym's bouldering walls, including the center "boulder" with a top-out surface. Bouldering involves climbing closer to the ground without the use of top-ropes, meaning climbers can literally "conquer" the boulder as they crawl across the top of the surface. On the other side of the gym, climbers race against their competitors in a competition speed-climbing wall, while a nearby kids climbing area makes sure adventurers of all ages are having a thrilling climb in the safest way possible.