What You'll Get
Today's side deal sends ears' hearts fluttering at an upcoming performance by River North Chicago Dance Company. Choose from three options:
- For $20, you get one upper-orchestra or lower-balcony ticket (in rows Y–DD or A–D, respectively) to the Harris Theater performance on Saturday, November 13, at 8 p.m. (a $40 value).
- For $25, you get one lower-orchestra ticket (in rows D–E or J–X) to the Harris Theater performance on Saturday, November 13, at 8 p.m. (a $55 value).
- For $23, you get one balcony ticket (in rows CC–EE) to the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie performance on Saturday, October 23, at 8 p.m. (a $46 value).
The jazz-based contemporary-dance company's talented dancers are technically skilled, passionate artists. Dancers interpret the music and story through their entire bodies—their dramatic, colorful costumes enhance the movements, and lighting works with the carefully plotted floor pattern and exuberant music to complete the onslaught of sensory storytelling. The whole package will invigorate your imagination and have you busting out ebullient moves all week.
Each brilliant choreographer lays the groundwork for a sensational show. It's the perfect date with your sweetie, bestie, or reluctant retail worker, and an experience sure to imbue you with the subtle hint of sophistication that comes with appreciating the art of dance.
- Monique Haley choreographed the entry by River North Chicago Dance Company-and this relative newcomer shows promise. Her "Uhuru," set to lively percussive music by Akoyo Afrobeat, is so hurried it makes you want to laugh; it registers as upbeat but without the least straining or pretension. Rat-a-tat sassy moves-twitchy hips, uh-huh chest motions, macho strutting with arms flying-come across as sexy but don't take themselves too seriously, while a male solo near the end is seriously sensual. And ends in the blink of an eye. Darn. – Laura Molzahn, SeeChicagoDance.com
- River North Dance Company aspires to be a thinker's jazz dance troupe and often succeeds, coating its colorful, bright style with brush strokes of inventive form and playful satire. – Sid Smith, Chicago Tribune
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 10 per person. Valid only for date purchased. No cash back. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.