Before man conquered his fear of water, he amused himself with dust sports such as pushing boulders off cliffs, wrestling tumbleweeds, and falling in the dust. Rinse yourself off with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $20 for a 5- or 10-mile canoe trip for two ($40 value)
- $36 for a 5- or 10-mile canoe trip for two and two nights of camping ($72 value)
- $40 for a 5- or 10-mile canoe trip for four people ($80 value)
- $72 for a 5-or 10-mile canoe trip for four and two nights of camping ($144 value)
- $50 for a six-person raft rental, valid Sunday–Thursday ($100 value)
Transported upstream by the Riverview Ranch shuttle, pairs and quartets embark upon scenic float trips down the Meramec River at either the 5- or 10-mile mark. Paddle along the calm, flat waters while enjoying views of the tree-lined riverbank, arriving back at your campsite or vehicle at the end of the trip. Two-seat canoes, life jackets (for paddlers aged 10 or older, though parents may bring life jackets for younger kids), and paddles are all provided. The length of the trip depends on how much paddling you do or how many stops you make, but the 5-mile trip averages three hours.
Campers set up tents right on the riverbank, making it easy to while away an afternoon swimming, cooking over the campfire, and picnicking. Children younger than 5 camp for free.
With a strong belief in life’s simpler pleasures, the staff of Riverview Ranch oversees a host of watersports, campsites, and cabins along the picturesque shores of the lazy Meramec River. Shuttled upstream, visitors push off in canoes, rafts, or kayaks to enjoy the easy-moving currents of the stream before arriving back at vehicles or campsites to do celebratory touchdown dances and life-vest spikes.