All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed April 21, 2015
Reviewed April 14, 2015
What You'll Get
Choose from Four Options
- $79 for one-way airport sedan service for up to three ($124 value)
- $99 for one-way airport SUV service for up to five ($174 value)
- $119 for roundtrip airport sedan service for up to three ($240 value)
- $155 for roundtrip airport SUV service for up to five ($340 value)
Available airports include Newark International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, or John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Four Things to Know About Traffic Congestion
Professional drivers know all sorts of secrets for getting places faster and avoiding traffic jams. To understand what they’re up against, check out Groupon’s look at traffic delays.
1. It doesn’t take much to start a traffic jam. Even on a straight highway with no accidents or construction, a single driver tapping the brake can create a stop-and-go wave. When vehicles enter the rear of a suddenly slowed traffic flow faster than cars at the front can accelerate back to regular speed, congestion ensues. These “phantom jams” have been documented stretching as far back as 50 miles and, once traffic reporters spread the word, can attract dozens of boombox-bearing ghosts.
2. On the flip side, you can do your part to prevent them. Through computer modeling of this scenario, MIT computer scientist Berthold Horn has found that phantom jams can be significantly reduced if drivers maintain an equal distance between the car in front of them and the car behind.
3. In the world’s most congested areas, at least you can enjoy the view. Traffic research firm Inrix releases an annual report on the worst spots for delays, and in 2014, tourist destinations Milan and Honolulu took top honors. Depending on the season, the average Honolulan loses three to five hours a month to jams. Why? One major factor is simply that it’s on an island, so there’s limited room for road systems to expand and relieve the pressure.
4. Don’t believe anyone who says Thanksgiving is the busiest traffic day of the year. There are typically five or more busier days during the summer, often Fridays when people are driving to weekend destinations to enjoy the warm weather or escape the ice-cream truck’s infernal tune.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Must be 18 or older. Sedan holds up to 3 large suitcases. Car seats and booster seats require additional $25 rental fee. Valid only within 40mi of EWR(Newark)/LGA/JFK. Early morning or late night charges may apply. Extra fee for tolls. Extra $50 fee for major holidays. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.