What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Please Turn Your Head When You Coiffe
Today's deal is the perfect gift for West Villagers who can't remember the last time their salon greeted them with cookies and wine instead of judgmental looks: for $50, you get $110 worth of five-star services at Robert G Salon.
Owner Robert Gioria used to trim the tresses of Sarah Jessica Parker, Kevin "K-Pax" Spacey, and Mariah Carey at his former salon, Robert Kree; expect him and his team to give you the same star treatment. You'll be able to nibble fresh-baked cookies, sip vino, and luxuriate to your heart's content among the carefully coiffed floral arrangements while your stylists go to work on your hair and skin. Services include haircuts ($80+), highlights ($150+), and waxing ($12–$200). On the skin-care side of things, New Yorkers in a typical appearing-busy hurry can get an express facial ($75), while more serious cases will enjoy the benefits of extreme science via a deep pore or acne facial ($150). Female secret agents, on the other hand, might prefer a new skin facial, which completely replaces your current face with that of the beautiful socialite whose identity you must assume ($150). Robert G Salon is that good, so good that they can even pull off the mind-bending back facial ($150).
Though the limit is one per person, you can buy multiple Groupons as holiday gifts for friends. That way, you won't have to luxuriate, exfoliate, and depilate all by your lonesome. Friends also ensure that you'll be able to squeal to a few fans about how gorgeous you look when you sashay out of that salon and stop traffic, especially if you need a cab.
Note: Call ahead to schedule your appointment with a participating stylist (those taking new clients).
- Nestled away in the West Village, this upscale salon is a hot spot you won’t want to pass up. – Schecky's Beauty
- A welcoming space decorated with wood accents and a bounty of plants, the Robert G Salon is a friendly neighborhood boutique that offers complimentary cookies, wine for guests and even treats for dogs. – Time Out
- Everyone at Robert G is relaxed and pleasant. They're all young and hip, which I'm not, but there's no attitude, just friendliness (and cookies). – SJ Rozan, Citysearch
- What a find! Perfect cut, great atmosphere and a great staff. The wine was nice too! – Patrick, Shecky's Beauty
- [Marcus] has taken me from brown to blonde and back again and I always leave LOVING my hair. – Bailey1313, Citysearch
Please Turn Your Head When You Coiffe
A stylish updo can do more than just turn heads at your former co-worker’s Starbucks-themed wedding (they met at Starbucks, I guess). A formidable hairstyle can look great and carry its own weight in a variety of more utilitarian ways. Ask your stylist for a haircut that can also:
- Support a flashlight for spelunking expeditions
- Form the shape of a #1 Foam Finger to free up your real hands for beer and nachos at the next gameball match
- House a symbiotic mosquito-devouring chameleon to periodically dart its tongue out for pest-control and conversation starting
- Tinnily sing “Rock Around The Clock” when you squeeze the clump labeled “Try Me!”
- Protect your thoughts from telepathic dogs looking at you all telepathically
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 6, 2010. Amount paid never expires. New clients only. Limit 1 per person, multiple as gifts. By appointment only. Not valid with other offers. Valid only for participating stylists. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.