Summer camps are the best way to give kids a taste of freedom without having them lick the Liberty Bell. Ring in summertime with this Groupon.
$149 for a 5-Day Robotics Camp ($299.95 Value)
Choose from the following dates and locations:
- June 25–29, 2012 in Pflugerville
- July 9–13, 2012 in Round Rock
- July 16–20, 2012 in Pflugerville
- July 30–August 3, 2012 in Pflugerville
- July 30–August 3, 2012 in Georgetown
- August 6–10, 2012 in Austin Bear Creek
- August 13–17, 2012 in Austin North
Girls and boys aged 7–17 meet Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Robot kits will be supplied, but campers should bring their own lunches and drinks.
Robot 4-U is turning STEM into STEAM. That's because, aside from science, technology, engineering, and math, the company's day camps work in a touch of art: the point isn't just to solve problems, but also to get creative. During sessions, children build imaginative projects such as moving artworks or individually controlled robots using carefully placed motors, circuits, and infrared sensors. The end result is a dynamic creation—flowers that rustle in the wind, perhaps, or butterflies that tap dance—which children can enter into an art display or a racing, dancing, or battle-bot challenge.