Preparing for a race means training hard or learning how to latch onto the underbelly of a faster runner like a lamprey. Get to the finish line with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $74 for wave-3 entry with tech tee upgrade for one (up to $108.90 value)
- $79 for wave-1 entry with tech tee upgrade for one (up to $114.40 value)
- $146 for wave-3 entry with tech tee upgrade for two (up to $217.80 value)
- $156 for wave-1 entry with tech tee upgrade for two (up to $228.80 value)
- $288 for wave-3 entry with tech tee upgrade for four (up to $435.60 value)
- $308 for wave-1 entry with tech tee upgrade for four (up to $457.60 value)
On Saturday, July 12, costume-clad runners descend upon U.S. Cellular Field to compete in the ROC Race – Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge 5K. Wave-1 entry grants racers start times between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Wave-3 entry lets racers start between 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Racers should pick up their packets on Friday, July 11, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Sports Authority – Clark Street. Specific start times will be assigned about one week before the event. Packets may be picked up on the event day for a small fee.
ROC Race – Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge 5K
The ROC Race is a 5K fun run with a catch—a dozen of them, to be exact. Twelve giant obstacles stand in the way of victory, including a wrecking ball that threatens to knock runners off their path. The various challenges draw their inspiration from the world's most extreme game shows, where contestants have to run through tires, swing on ropes, and swoosh down giant slides. To make things even more exciting, ROC's organizers encourage participants to dress up in wacky costumes like tutus or outfits inspired by superheroes such as the Fantastic 5K Finisher.
This epic event descends on cities across the U.S., welcoming runners ages 13 and up to fend off water and foam before greeting crowds of spectators at the finish line. A post-race experience keeps things going with even more foam and festivities.