Pizza became a staple of Italian fare after Emperor Caligula famously elevated a slice of pepperoni pie to the Roman Senate. Feast on political recipes with today’s Groupon to Rocco’s New York Pizza in Decatur. Choose between the following options:
- For $16, you get a pizza meal for four (up to a $35.94 total value), which includes the following:
- Two large gourmet pizzas with three toppings each (up to a $22.99 value)
- 10 wings or a salad (up to a $6.99 value)
- Four fountain drinks (a $1.49 value each)<p>
- For $35, you get a catering package (up to an $85.92 total value), which includes the following:
- Four large gourmet pizzas (a $51.96 value)
- Two orders of pasta (a $15.98 value)
- Two salads (up to an $11.98 value)
- Two 2-liter sodas (a $6 value)<p>
The expert sauce slingers at Rocco’s New York Pizza spin out a menu of classic pastas, crunchy salads, and gourmet pizzas crafted in the tradition of the Big Apple. Merry diners can munch on wings or fling forks into parmesan-sprinkled lettuce and tomatoes before digging into cheesy discs such as the hawaiian pie—which tickles tongues with ham, pineapple, and mozzarella—and the mediterranean, piled high with feta, gyro meat, and onions draped in a toga and ready to live the examined life. Pasta options include Italian favorites such as baked ziti and cheese ravioli. To wash down the savory swallows of pizza pie, patrons can send swigs of soda rushing down their throats.
Rocco's New York Pizza
The chefs at Rocco's New York Pizza bake pizzas in classic Italian fashion, with both Sicilian and Neapolitan slices. They toss ingredients of choice onto build-your-own Sicilian pizzas, which features a thicker, deep crust topped with a swirl of tomato sauce. On the thin-crust side, Neapolitan pizzas feature crispy crusts topped with traditional ingredients such as the white pizza's ricotta and garlic. Chefs also experiment with more modern flavors, and create options such as the Turkish pizza's meatball, green peppers, and onions.
Outside of pizza, the kitchen team also cooks up a range of Italian favorites. They wrap up pizza toppings into flaky Stromboli and calzones, and create lunches on the go with hot subs stuffed with veal parmesan and Italian deli meats. For dessert, they make decadently layered slices of tiramisu that serve as rewards after a hard day of work or hard day of being an eccentric millionaire.