Moving one’s body to the rhythm of music is a natural human instinct, just like running toward the sound of lightning. Move with today’s Groupon to Rockford Dance Company. Classes begin Monday, January 9. Choose from the following options:
- For $77, you get 34 sessions of Zumba classes (a $155 value). Classes are held two times per week.
- For $77, you get 17 weeks of teen or adult beginner-ballet classes.
- For $77, you get 17 weeks of teen or adult tap classes
- For $58, you get eight weeks of teen or adult ballroom-dancing classes (a $116 value).
- For $195, you get 34 sessions of teen or adult intermediate-ballet classes (a $395 value). Classes are held two times per week.
Rockford Dance Company’s accomplished instructors impart graceful movements, healthy posture, and a lifelong love of fancy footwork to students of all ages and skill levels. The company’s schedule teems with class choices, making dance more accessible than an email account with the password ¬password. Students leap and arabesque to reach fitness goals in ballet classes, filled with stretches and barre work that foster strength, balance, and flexibility, and stomp calories into submission during energizing tap sessions. During one-hour ballroom lessons, dancers rehearse waltzes, rumbas, and tangos, linking each step pattern with smooth transitions. Filled with easy-to-follow choreography inspired by salsas, cumbias, and pickle-jar opening, Zumba fitness classes raise heart rates to the rhythmic beats of world music.
Riverfront Museum Park ushers visitors into Rockford Dance Company’s headquarters, where five studios brim with twirls, taps, and dips. Two-way mirrors flank each practice room, letting parents watch their teens morph into confident, poise-filled adults or break-dancing butterflies.