What You'll Get
Combining listening to live music and sailing on a boat makes both experiences more enjoyable, much like snacking and watching TV or sleeping and parenting. Double the fun with today’s Groupon for a concert cruise from Rocks Off. Each show takes place on one of three different Rocks Off ships: Queen of Hearts, The Jewel, and The Half Moon. Choose from the following options:
- For $10, you get one ticket to board The Jewel for the Sunday, July 31, performance by 40 Oz to Freedom, a Sublime tribute band (a $20 value). The ship boards at 6 p.m. and sets sail at 7 p.m.
- For $15, you get one ticket to board the Queen of Hearts for the Friday, August 12, performance by The B Street Band, a Bruce Springsteen tribute band (a $30 value). Boarding for the show begins at 8 p.m., and the ship sets sail at 9 p.m.
- For $10, you get one ticket to board The Half Moon for the Sunday, August 14, performance by Chixdiggit, a Canadian punk-rock ensemble (a $20 value). The ship boards at 6 p.m. and sets sail at 7 p.m.
- For $15, you get one ticket to board The Jewel for the Friday, September 16, performance by White Wedding, a party band covering ’80s hits (a $30 value). The ship boards at 7 p.m. and sets sail at 8 p.m.
- For $10, you get one ticket to board The Half Moon for the Saturday, September 17, performance by Bon Journey, a tribute band covering the arena-rock hits of Bon Jovi and Journey (a $20 value). Boarding for the show begins at 7 p.m., and the ship sets sail at 8 p.m.
- For $10, you get one ticket to board The Jewel for the Thursday, September 22, performance by The Fades, a band that covers a genre-mixing medley of ’80s hits (a $20 value). The ship boards at 7 p.m. and sets sail at 8 p.m.
Each Rocks Off vessel cruises through the tranquil waters of the New York Harbor, circling the feet of the Statue of Liberty as sonic waves emanate from stage amps and wash over passengers’ happily bouncing ears as the crowd dances along. Whether headbanging a full cranium of luxurious, gold man-locks to the hits of the 1980s during Bon Journey’s set, shaking rears in a nautically nostalgic tribute to Bruce Springsteen, or bobbing heads to the California-sunshine-soaked alternative tones of Sublime covers, you'll find yourself in the midst of a thoroughly entertaining evening. Order a drink in falsetto at one of the onboard cash bars, wash down a purchased evening meal, and rock the boat by re-creating the dance scene from The Deer Hunter.
Music, alcohol, and water go together like vaudeville performers, ventriloquist dummies, and live white tigers. If you need a break from the revelry, wander to your vessel’s outdoor deck and stare contemplatively out at New York's famed waterways as the boat makes its leisurely three-hour trek to and from port.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for date and option purchased. Must be 21 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.