Return to the deal

Rocky Point Sailing Association - Port Moody

Three-Hour Sailing Lesson for One or Up to Eight from Rocky Point Sailing Association (Up to 58% Off)

The Fine Print

  • Expires May 17th, 2013.
  • Lesson must be booked at least 24 hours in advance and by May 17th. Bookings start 5/1/13. Lesson for one dates available through 6/30/13; group lesson dates available through 7/31/13. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per person per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. 48 cancellation notice required. Subject to availability. Must sign waiver. Additional $65.00 fee for private sail groups larger than 8. Subject to weather conditions. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Group lesson participants must be 18+ years old.

Questions and Answers 5 questions

Commonly Asked Questions

Q:

Does this mean that you have only 2 weeks to use this Groupon (5/1 - 5/17)? Please be more specific around when and how to use the voucher. Thanks Florian

Florian J.  asked on  Apr 1, 2013

A:

To book a lesson please email info@rpsa.ca. Group lessons are scheduled Tuesdays and Fridays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. Alternatively, private and corporate lessons can be scheduled Wednesdays and Fridays at 5 pm. and Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. or 3 p.m. Groupon lessons can be booked no earlier than May 1. Please be aware of the following regulations: 1. Must book lesson by May 17. Bookings after May 17 may not be accepted. 2. Offer 1 (Group lesson) is valid from May 1 to June 30 3. Offer 2 (Private Group lesson) is valid from May 1 to July 31 4. Bookings are subject to availability 5. Lessons run rain or shine 6. Offer 1 participants must be at least 18 years of age 7. 48 hour cancellation notice required 8. All participants must bring Groupon voucher 9. All participants must sign liability waiver 10. All participants must wear closed-toed shoes 11. Lessons begin immediately at designated start time. Pleas arrive at least 15min early

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 1, 2013

A:

Hi Florian, The Groupon lessons can be booked between May 1 and June 30; nonetheless, you must email us your desired booking date between May 1 and May 17 for logistic reasons.

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 2, 2013

Q:

Do we get actual sailing time in water? I've never taken a sailing lesson before so am just curious if we're learning on boats on land, or getting actual sea time!

florence c.  asked on  Apr 2, 2013

A:

Hi Florence, You will get actual sailing time on the water. 30% of the lesson is theory based, the other 70% will involve applying your new knowledge base to a practical on-the-water setting. No previous sailing experience required. All participants will be sailing a 420, a 2-3 person dinghy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(dinghy).

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 2, 2013

More Questions and Answers

Q:

Hi Jim, Me and my 7 friends would like to take this introductory lesson together. Would the $275 for the three-hour private sailing lesson be the best option for us? So that's $275 for all 8 of us? Are there any other fees?

florence c.  asked on  Apr 3, 2013

A:

Hello Florence, Yes, the private group lesson would be the best option. There are no additional fees; nonetheless, you must book a lesson via email (info@rpsa.ca) by May 17. Private group lessons are available from May 7 to July 31. Cheers! Jim

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 4, 2013

Q:

I was wondering how large are the group lessons? Also, what is the recommended clothing attire - how wet will we get? Thanks!

Laveena L.  asked on  Apr 3, 2013

A:

Hello Laveena, Group lessons will be no larger than 8 participants. Your body shouldn't be getting wet, but your feet may. We recommend layers of clothing that you can easily add or remove if the temperature spontaneously increases or decreases. For sunny days, shorts, a t-shirt and a hat will suffice. For rainy/overcast days, pants, a sweater, a rain jacket and a hat should keep you comfortable. In regards to footwear, an old pair of runners is ideal. No sandals.

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 3, 2013

Q:

Does this mean that you have only 2 weeks to use this Groupon (5/1 - 5/17)? Please be more specific around when and how to use the voucher. Thanks Florian

Florian J.  asked on  Apr 1, 2013

A:

To book a lesson please email info@rpsa.ca. Group lessons are scheduled Tuesdays and Fridays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. Alternatively, private and corporate lessons can be scheduled Wednesdays and Fridays at 5 pm. and Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. or 3 p.m. Groupon lessons can be booked no earlier than May 1. Please be aware of the following regulations: 1. Must book lesson by May 17. Bookings after May 17 may not be accepted. 2. Offer 1 (Group lesson) is valid from May 1 to June 30 3. Offer 2 (Private Group lesson) is valid from May 1 to July 31 4. Bookings are subject to availability 5. Lessons run rain or shine 6. Offer 1 participants must be at least 18 years of age 7. 48 hour cancellation notice required 8. All participants must bring Groupon voucher 9. All participants must sign liability waiver 10. All participants must wear closed-toed shoes 11. Lessons begin immediately at designated start time. Pleas arrive at least 15min early

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 1, 2013

A:

Hi Florian, The Groupon lessons can be booked between May 1 and June 30; nonetheless, you must email us your desired booking date between May 1 and May 17 for logistic reasons.

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 2, 2013

Q:

Hi there, on April 24, 2012 I bought a groupon for $40 for 2 hours of sailing as a gift for my husband and because he had to go in an unexpected business trip he couldn't use it. I know that those $40 that I paid can still be used so I want to buy the today's groupon with them, and of course pay the extra $2. I called you guys on the number provided but there was no one to take my call. Please advise how can I apply my $40 credit for today's groupon. Thank you in advance.

Mihaela T.  asked on  Apr 1, 2013

A:

Hi Mihaela, If you wish to apply the paid value ($40.00) of your 2012 Groupon to one of our existing programs (http://rpsa.ca/programs/adults or http://rpsa.ca/programs/youth) that will be no problem on our on end. If you wish to apply it to our 2013 Groupon promotion, you will have to contact Groupon customer service, as that is out of our realm of control.

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 2, 2013

Q:

Do we get actual sailing time in water? I've never taken a sailing lesson before so am just curious if we're learning on boats on land, or getting actual sea time!

florence c.  asked on  Apr 2, 2013

A:

Hi Florence, You will get actual sailing time on the water. 30% of the lesson is theory based, the other 70% will involve applying your new knowledge base to a practical on-the-water setting. No previous sailing experience required. All participants will be sailing a 420, a 2-3 person dinghy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(dinghy).

Jim A.  from  Merchant  replied on  Apr 2, 2013

1 - 5 of 5 questions

Grouber