All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $100 Value Towards Products
Web content related to this deal may contain graphic adult imagery unsuitable for minors or workplace viewing.
Four Things to Know About Pheromones
The science of attraction is a complex thing. Read on for Groupon’s investigation of the role pheromones might (or might not) play in finding a mate.
1. For many species, pheromones are a real-life Love Potion No. 9. Pheromones are simply chemicals released by one animal that change the behavior of another animal of the same species. Female silk moths, for instance, release a chemical called bombykol that, even in tiny amounts, attracts males from great distances. With tiger moths, on the other hand, it’s the females who are attracted by the males’ pheromones—which are a reliable signal of how fit he’ll be to raise the kids, since they’re derived from the same chemicals he’ll use to protect his mate’s eggs.
2. But humans aren’t moths. Or elephants, or tigers, or ponies. Some studies have found evidence of a vomeronasal organ—the structure these mammals use to intercept pheromones, located between the nose and mouth—in humans, but it seems to be vestigial, just like the gills. Humans’ complex social interactions and reliance on visual stimuli both seem to play a much larger part in attraction than anything else.
3. Human pheromones are odorless on their own. Although we’re way behind most of the animal kingdom when it comes to tuning into them, we do still emit pheromones—which take on a perceptible smell when mixed with sweat. To the dismay of deodorant tycoons, more data is emerging on humans’ subconscious responses to each others’ smell all the time. For instance, one study concluded that women tend to prefer the scent of a men with dissimilar DNA, which, when combined with their own, might produce children with more robust immune systems.
4. It’s not all about sex. “Across the animal kingdom, more interactions are mediated by pheromones than by any other kind of signal,” writes Tristram D. Wyatt in Pheromones and Animal Behaviour. Baby rabbits can detect a mammary pheromone released by their mothers that induces them to perform a sort of milk-finding dance, splaying their limbs and bobbing their heads. Ants release defense-and-alarm pheromones that both repel predators and attract fellow ants from the nest. Pheromones provide an entire social infrastructure, helping members of the same species coordinate their activity by doing everything from alerting others to food to marking territory.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Romantic Depot
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
Romantic Depot Manhattan is the largest sexy lingerie store with a mammoth selection of over 100,000 adult novelties, which is by far the largest in all of New York, NY. We are open 10am-12am Sunday-Thursday and 10am -2am Friday and Saturday. We guarantee customer satisfaction and that all consumers are happy with their purchases, plus, we give a free gift to all our customers as a sign of our appreciation.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
The inspiration for starting Romantic Depot started in 1999 and was and still is to help educate the community on how to use sexual wellness products to help enhance relationships and marriages in a healthy & positive way.
What do you love most about your job?
Romantic Depot is more than a lingerie store, its more than an sex shop, its an educational institution for couples singles and friends to gain knowledge about their sexuality in a clean, safe, fun shopping environment with a great staff that does not pre-judge our clients based on the diverse backgrounds of tens of thousands of loyal shoppers we call friends! Knowing that our adult products and sexy lingerie can help marriages and relationships is extremely rewarding.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten?
There was a couple that came to Romantic Depot who did not sleep in the same room, separated several timers and had not been intimate for almost 10 years. They came in as almost like they were enemies. They tried counseling, psychics, religious leaders but nothing would work for them. Our top sales associates counseled & educated this couple on how to bring the spark back. Thanks to our great adult products, and the patience & caring nature of our employee, the couple was able to rekindle their marriage and get the spark back, like they were newlyweds again! They are still happily in love today and no longer estranged & so thankful to our staff, whenever they stop in.