Golf is one of the few sports in which players can compete against themselves, along with paddleball and seeing how many potatoes they can eat. Put yourself to the test with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $27 for an 18-hole round of golf for one with cart rental and range balls (up to a $54 value)
- $53 for an 18-hole round of golf for two with cart rental and range balls (up to a $108 value)
- $99 for an 18-hole round of golf for four with cart rental and range balls (up to a $216 value)
Rondout Golf Club’s rates fluctuate throughout the week.
Rondout Golf Club
It’s a common sight, even among the pros: a golf ball soars cleanly off the face of a mid-iron, seemingly on track to hit the green and trickle up close to the hole for an easy birdie putt. However, instead of bouncing forward when it lands, the pitch of the green’s front lip causes it to roll backwards onto the fairway. This feature of the green is called a false front, named for the way it tricks golfers into thinking it’s a safe landing zone, when in fact it returns golf balls back toward the player like an industrial-grade pop-a-shot.
Players at Rondout Golf Club, situated deep in the Catskill Mountains, should be wary of this course feature when they line up their approaches at the each of the 18 undulating greens. A strategic play is to aim several yards ahead of the nearest fringe, and then feign surprise while opponents’ shots are sucked back into the fairway or nearest black hole. Off the greens, the course showcases a stunning layout of frequent elevation changes, mature tree-lines, and intersecting waterways.
After challenging rounds on the picturesque course, players can retreat to Ivan’s Restaurant to enjoy drinks, burgers, sandwiches, and salads while gazing out at the Shawangunk Ridge and the Mohonk Mountain House tower.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,568 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 71.6 from the back tees
- Course slope of 129 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole