Thai cuisine is intense and complicated, like the reasons your uncle is staying with us for a while. Make room for this Groupon.
$29.99 for a chef’s specialty dinner for two (a $63.30 total value)
- Assorted appetizer platter with veggie or pork spring rolls, crab rangoon, beef jerky, and shrimp satay (a $17.95 value)
- Panang coconut curry with chicken, beef, tofu, or vegetables (a $12.95 value)
- Sweet volcano chicken or haw mok pla (steamed fish) (a $15.95 value)
- Shrimp pad thai deluxe (a $12.95 value)
- Coconut rice (a $3.50 value)<p>
Royal Thai Restaurant
When visiting relatives in Southeast Asia, Noy Phonsavath picked up a few culinary tricks. Here she perfected creamy coconut curries and mastered the art of frying beef jerky to be chewy and flavourful. She brought the recipes she picked up from her travels to the kitchen of Royal Thai Restaurant, along with a few favourites of her own. Here, she showers pad thai noodles in crushed peanut, chicken, and shrimp, and slices up fresh salads with diverse ingredients such papaya and spicy calamari. For dessert, she tops sweet rice in coconut pudding.
Her extensive array of Thai, Laotian, and Vietnamese dishes are served in a sunlit dining room, where bright orange and soft green walls are decorated with colourful paintings and a vivid Southeast Asian mural. Elegant black and gold cloths drape over intimate tables––each ideal for sharing a meal or hiding under when Krampus comes to pick up his takeout.