Choose from Six Options
$45 for one admission to your choice of the following day camp sessions ($92.50 value):
- Movin' & Groovin' on June 2-6 (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Movin' & Groovin' on June 2-6 (12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Nature Investigators on July 7-11 (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Nature Investigators on July 7-11 (12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Insectmania! on August 4-8 (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Insectmania! on August 4-8 (12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Learn more about each camp here
All camps are suitable for 4K through first grade. Camps include two snacks and a souvenir.
Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve
Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve is home to more than 550 plant and 450 animal species. Visiting humans can marvel at these florae and critters by walking the certified wildlife habitat's more than 15 trails. Ranging from 0.3 to 1.5 miles, these trails wind past everything from persimmon trees to tranquil quarries, as well as native wildflowers and migratory birds every spring and summer.
More glimpses of the natural world await in the preserve's environmentally green Tree Top Visitor Center. Here, you can spot fowls from the bird viewing nook or observe real Alabama animals housed in realistic habitats. Besides its awe-inspiring scenery, Ruffner invites guests to enjoy events such as family-friendly pumpkin carving or Geocaching, a GPS-powered outdoor treasure hunting game.