A good fusion restaurant isn't just the perfect place to practice close-up magic on unsuspecting patrons; it's also a great spot to meet friends and share Burton Gilliam gossip. Gab while gobbling with today's deal: for $10, you get $20 worth of upscale Latin- and Asian-inspired fusion cuisine and drinks at Rumba, located on the corner of West End Avenue and 30th Avenue. Buy up to three of today's deal and triple your double-edged food intake.
Rumba serves up Caribbean-, South Pacific-, and Latin-inspired plates in a chic, tropically inspired atmosphere. Sate burgeoning grumbles with fried cheese bread with romesco sauce ($5) and crispy num-pang vegetable sandwiches ($3), ideally sized for one human, or please multiple tongue buds with grilled scallops topped with sesame caviar and sided by miso-potato purée ($13). Heartier main entrees such as the signature shrimp masala unite the edible soulmates of mild Indian curry and jasmine rice ($18), while grilled satay skewers dive into three sauces and include South African sausage ($9), Montego beef with toasted coconut ($9), and good old-fashioned chicken ($8). Cool down a flaming mouth bungalow with the quenching power of tropical cocktails: Rumba specializes in hand-muddled mojitos ($9) and fresh pisco sours ($8). Ten draft beers and a long list of wines from Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are also available.
Intimate and relaxing, Rumba's interior features a prominent front bar, as well as secluded booths for quiet conversation or privately romancing international spies. Opt for the dimly lit, clubby interior, or sit outside on one of the double patios for extra fusion between nature and human skin. Rumba is open from 4 p.m. until midnight, and until 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday for late-night diners and well-heeled mole-people.
- The FOOD, WOW, original, eclectic, quality. – A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
- The Moroccan Lamb Chops were cooked perfectly, and the Spanish Shrimp and Grits were awesome. Little chunks of bacon that were mouthwatering. – poll10, Citysearch
- Rumba consistently offers creative [sic] and delicious food and drinks. Service is reliably good, and the relaxed, but energetic atmosphere always make for a good time. – OpenTable user who dined on 06/25/2010
- The food was perfect, the drinks were strong, and the service was fantastic. We will definitely be back. – kmays, Urbanspoon
- We just finished dessert and will each provide one word to describe the meal…eclectic, unique, tasty, spicy, delicious, excellent, and yummmyyyy!!! – Jennifer Bradley, Urbanspoon