Sharing tapas, like marrying a shape-shifter, allows people to fall in love with a lot of new things. Fall again and again and again with today’s Groupon to Rumba. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a festive tapas meal for two on Thursdays (an $87 value).
- For $39, you get a festive tapas meal for two on Friday-Wednesday (an $87 value).<p>
The festive meal includes:
- Three tapas plates (up to a $45 value)
- Two cocktails (up to a $22 value)
- Two tickets to live entertainment Thursday–Saturday (if applicable) (a $20 value)<p>
Rumba’s innovative dinner menu, which was featured on Check, Please! and Style Chicago, combines traditional Cuban culinary techniques with stylized flavors. Amid authentic Moroccan lamps and décor evoking vintage Cuban glamour, dining tandems can build trust by untying knots of ropa vieja ($9), slow-simmered shredded beef with a garlic cream sauce, using only blindfolded forks. Steamed east coast mussels ($12) soak in tart citrus juices with cayenne accents and ride down throat waterslides on waves of the Guatemalan Antigua ($10)—made with 23 year aged rum and pineapple juice—or other fruity selections from the drink menu. On Thursday nights, the members of Rumba 351 don white dinner jackets and stride out onto a dramatically lit stage to perform classy Afro jazz from the 40’s and 50’s. Latin bands perform Thursday–Saturday, and dancing kicks off after 8 p.m.
Near North Side
351 W Hubbard St.
Chicago, Illinois 60654