There are only two instances in which it’s legal to drive at 200 miles per hour: racing around a certified track and outrunning a 199-mile-per-hour construction horse. Satisfy your need for speed with today’s Groupon to Rusty Wallace Racing Experience at the Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis. Choose between the following options:
- For $44, you get a 4-lap shotgun stock-car ride-along experience (an $89 value).
- For $149, you get a 15-lap The Shootout racing experience (a $299 value). The Shootout participants may opt to add insurance for an extra fee ($60).<p>
Ride times are scheduled for the following dates:
- Saturday, April 21, and Sunday, April 22, 2012
- Friday, June 22, Saturday, June 23, and Sunday, June 24, 2012
- Friday, August 10, Saturday, August 11, and Sunday, August 12, 2012<p>
Driver participants may purchase the $1,000 maximum property damage financial liability cap at any time before they drive for $60.00.
The pro drivers at Rusty Wallace Racing Experience set pulses racing as visitors speed around the curves of the Lucas Oil Raceway’s oval track in real-life rubber-burning packages. With the shotgun ride-along, need-for-speeders can hop aboard an authentic late model stock car and feel four laps’ worth of raw velocity as a professional driver reduces the outside world to a blur. The Shootout racing experience outfits participants in a custom Oakley racing suit, preparing drivers to tear around the 0.686-mile track’s asphalt surface, just as a professional racer or ambitious afterhours janitor would. After 45 minutes of classroom instruction familiarizes soon-to-be drivers with the course’s corners, students get to take the wheel for 15 invigorating laps, leaving their hair mussed, their eyes bulged, and their torsos coated in corporate sponsorships.