Choose Between Two Options
- $349 for a race car driving experience with 15 minutes of track time ($699 value)
- $599 for a race car driving experience with 30 minutes of track time ($1,299 value)
Current scheduled event dates include: 6/3-6/4/2016, 6/10-6/11/2016, 7/15-7/16/2016, 7/26-7/27/2016, 9/23-9/24/2016
The session begins with a 40-minute orientation, detailing road racing basics. Then patrons get behind the wheel of a F1200 Formula Ford or SCCA Race Miata for laps around the 1.7 mile Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park.
For 15-minute package:
- Includes orientation as well as trackside spotters and flaggers.
- Choose one style of race car: From the road racing stock cars with the big V-8 and 4-speed manual transmission, the 1200 pound Formula Ford style car, or the 5-speed SCCA style race-prepped Miata.
- Patrons will drive as many laps as can be completed in 15 minutes of track time.
For 30-minute package:
- Everything you see above for the 15-minute package.
- Choose two different style cars: From the open wheel racer, a stock car, or the Miata.
- Patrons will drive as many laps as can be completed in 30 minutes of track time.
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
2013 NASCAR Hall of Fame inductee Rusty Wallace allows amateurs to feel first-hand how a real race car rumbles as its tires scorch a professional speedway. Participants can either ride shotgun with an experienced driver or hop behind the wheel to tackle the track themselves. For more of the genuine experience, drivers don the full array of safety gear before climbing or vaulting through the window, including a sleek racing suit, helmet, and HANS neck-protection device.