What You'll Get
While acrobatic performances delight audiences with laughter and joy, porcupine shows tend to inspire band-aid sales and impromptu tattooing. Enjoy less prickly entertainment with today's Groupon to the exciting aerial Cirque Mechanics' production of Boom Town, at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater. Choose from four options:
- For $25, you get one stage-level ticket on Tuesday, February 22 at 1 p.m. (a $50 value).
- For $25, you get one stage-level ticket on Tuesday, February 22 at 7 p.m. (a $50 value).
- For $19, you get one rest-of-the-house ticket on Tuesday, February 22 at 1 p.m. (up to a $39 value).
- For $19, you get one rest-of-the-house ticket on Tuesday, February 22 at 7 p.m. (up to a $39 value).
Fleet-footed miners and limber-toed ladies dance on chandeliers and leap over moving ore carts in Cirque Mechanics' latest production of acrobatic antics and aerial dance. Set in the small 1860s frontier town of Rosebud, Boom Town portrays the lives, feuds, brawls, romances, and shocking discoveries uncovered in this Wild West whistle stop at the height of the gold rush. The scenery becomes launching pads as performers climb up swaying telegraph poles, fly high and fast on a revolving crane, balance themselves on whiskey jugs, or play chicken against the fourth wall.
After the success of the acrobatic showstopper Birdhouse Factory, Cirque Mechanics' latest production explores the relationship between man and machine while creating a world of gravity-eschewing dance and physical expression.
Stake your claim on a continental-style seat in Ruth Eckerd Hall, where inspired engineering coupled with comfortable amenities transports audiences into a stunning world of full-stage views and outstanding acoustics. A stage-level ticket puts the irregular circus action within a squeak of a rubber nose, and the rest-of-the-house option provides a complete viewing of the stage, immersing patrons in the acrobatic antics, without them having to stow away in a cream-pie stage locker.
- Their newest show, “Boom Town,” is set in an 1865 mining town. Audiences will be transported to Rosebud, where two ambitious saloon owners have set up shop across the street from each other in the hopes of cashing in on the town’s gold rush frenzy. – Annie Alleman, Naperville Sun
- This is a GREAT venue. Easy to find, FREE parking, and smooth access to your seats with many entrances. – Gym H., Yelp, 6/30/10
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 22, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 6 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. Non-transferable. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.