Ballet was originally entertainment for apartment dwellers; after numerous vases and glass menageries were destroyed via arabesque, the dance was reconceived for the stage. Observe ballet in its preferred habitat with today's Groupon for a ticket to “The Nutcracker” performed by the Saint Louis Ballet at Touhill Performing Arts Center. Choose from the following three seating options:
- For $12, you get a grand tier seat (up to a $25 value).
- For $18, you get a parterre seat (up to a $37 value).
- For $23, you get an orchestra seat (up to a $47 value).
In its 10th anniversary season, the Saint Louis Ballet presents a holiday classic choreographed by Artistic Director Gen Horiuchi, a former principal dancer of the New York City Ballet and choreographer of the opening ceremonies of the 1998 Nagano Olympics. Indulge in Tchaikovsky's famous ballet while installing permanent memories of gingerbread soldiers, sugar plum fairies, and peppermint nightmares. Performances take place on the following dates and times, firmly in the depths of the holiday season:
- Friday, December 17, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 18, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 19, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 22, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 23, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Gen Horiuchi and the Saint Louis Ballet have been widely featured in the press, including features in the Post–Dispatch and on KSDK. The Columbia Missourian covered last year's “Nutcracker” performance. More than 900 Facebookers are fans:
- Gen Horiuchi became artistic director of St. Louis Ballet in a momentous year: 2000. In the decade since, he has seen the company grow in artistic ambition while reaffirming its status as a cultural institution. – Calvin Wilson, Post–Dispatch
1 University Blvd.
St. Louis, Missouri 63121Get Directions