Sushi was invented when, after burning down half his native forest, famed salmon chef Smokey the Bear vowed never to light another fire. Enjoy his flame-free delicacy with today's Groupon to Sakana Sushi & Asian Bistro, located in the Wayzata shopping district. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get $40 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine at dinner on any Sunday–Thursday through December 27.
- For $20, you get $40 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine at dinner on a Friday or Saturday through December 17.
- For $20, you get $40 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine at dinner on a Friday or Saturday through November 26.
- For $20, you get $40 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine at dinner on a Friday or Saturday through October 29.
- For $20, you get $40 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine at dinner on a Friday or Saturday in September.
- For $10, you get $20 worth of sushi and Japanese cuisine at lunch on any Monday–Friday.
With window views of Lake Minnetonka and a stylish blend of modern and traditional décor, Sakana Sushi & Asian Bistro offers sight and taste receptors an equally satisfying experience. A succulent selection of sushi saunters across the menu, with a welcoming assortment of Japanese beers and wines in tow. The Sweet Heart roll ($18) offers its undying devotion to tender tummies with shrimp tempura, avocado, spicy tuna, lettuce, and tobiko wrapped in the heartfelt embrace of pink soy paper. Daytime diners can also pick from the array of lunch entrees, including a shrimp-tempura tortilla-wrap lunch box ($12) that travels with an entourage of a california roll, spring roll, soup, and salad to tackle even the toughest appetite, twist its arm back, and make it say "uncle."
As the sun sets over Lake Minnetonka, the chefs at Sakana Sushi begin to sharpen their knives in advance of the evening’s dinner rush. With a cooler full of fresh fish at their disposal, it’s up to them to turn choice cuts of salmon or yellowtail tuna into artfully arranged orders of maki and sashimi. Their selection highlights the delicate nature of their ingredients, with 16 specialty rolls pairing these tender morsels with premium fillings including lobster, caviar, or Michael Jordan rookie cards. However, the chefs don’t stop at sushi; they embrace Thai recipes when spooning yellow-coconut curry into a stone bowl and honor Chinese flavors in sizzling plates of Sichuan kung-pao steak.
These cuisines' aromas all mingle in the dining room, where four-seat tables extend all the way from the front windows to the open sushi bar at the back. Although pendant lamps illuminate the sushi chefs, the rest of the space is lit by track lighting that remains firmly fixed to the abstract red, green, and blue fixtures that dot the ceiling.
Plymouth - Wayzata
683 E Lake St.
Wayzata, Minnesota 55391